1/7/20, 5:15pm – Governor Inslee announced the “Roadmap to Recovery,” a COVID-19 phased reopening plan for Washington state. The new regionally based plan includes two phases. Our region is currently in Phase 1 but has the potential to move into Phase 2 as early as next week, based on meeting criteria related to COVID case numbers, test positivity rates, COVID hospital admission rates and ICU occupancy.
We are happy to report the new guidelines allow for the reopening of gyms in Phase 1, and we are now open.
Here are some things to note:
- During Phase 1, we are open for individual workouts, GX classes and individual personal training sessions.
- Under the new guidance, members are limited to 45-minute workout sessions and must wear a mask at ALL times.
- Workout time slots, GX classes and personal training sessions can be booked in advance by logging in to your Empower M.E. account. Learn how to sign up for a workout timeslot.
- Showers, spa, saunas and steam rooms remain closed.
- Childcare remains closed.
- Due to the timing of the closure in November and our January 11 reopening date, we will be processing only 25% of the monthly dues for January next week. We will resume charging full dues in February.
- New hours:
- Monday – Thursday · 5am-9pm
- Friday · 5am-8pm
- Saturday & Sunday · 7am-6pm
Once we move into Phase 2, we will be able to offer additional programs and services, but at a limited capacity. See more information on what’s allowed in Phase 1 and Phase 2 here. We want to reiterate that we have had zero incidences of COVID traced back to any of our two gyms or five Arena Sports facilities. Our customers’ health and safety is our top priority.
We have put together a quick video starring our Fitness Manager John Mckinnon, outlining some of the changes you’ll see when you come to the club and the new safeguards we’ve put in place.
Workout Sign-Up Procedure:
- Before you come to the gym, you will go online to book a 45-minute workout time slot to ensure we are limiting the number of people in the club.
- To sign up for a workout time slot, log in to Empower M.E. on the Issaquah Fitness website. Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Note: if you have never logged in to your online account, log in for the first time using your Member ID # (on the back of your membership card) as both your username and password.
- Please contact us at email@example.com or (425)-313-3131 if you have any difficulties scheduling your workout time or logging in to your account.
Open for Lap Swim
- Prior to coming in, you must book a 45-minute time slot online:
- Log in to Empower M.E. on the Issaquah Fitness website and follow the instructions to book your slot. Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Note: If you have never logged in to your online account, log in for the first time using your Member ID # (on the back of your membership card) as both your username and password.
- Limit of 60 minutes per swimmer, per day.
- Lap swim hours can be found on the pool schedule.
- Come prepared to swim, as showers are closed until further notice and locker rooms are only available for bathroom use.
- Spa, hot tub, saunas and steam rooms are closed until further notice.
- Members can opt to pay drop-in fees only or monthly dues.
Booking Your Personal Training Sessions:
- $75 for 60-minute training session (package discounts available)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with our training staff to book your appointment.
Limited Swim Lessons Available
- Group Semi-Private Swim Lessons: Sea Otters (6 yrs) through Sharks (7-13 yrs)
- Private lessons are available for all swimmers. Request your private swim time.
- Registration is open for pre-competitive lessons. Help prepare your child for swim team. We are offering some new class times. View the schedule.
Family Swim Available
- Please call 425-313-3131 or email email@example.com to book your slot.
- Members – $15 per family & Non-members – $35 per family
- Starting January 8th we have new family swim times.
- Friday – 6pm to 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday – 4pm to 6pm
Reopening Protocols & Guidelines:
- Members need to bring their own workout towels in order to minimize risk.
- In addition, staff will be cleaning the equipment and facility with hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the day and thorough cleanings will be done each evening.
- During Phase 1, locker rooms will only be open for bathroom use.
- Locker room showers, sauna and steam rooms are closed until further notice.
- We will be doing daily wellness checks of our staff members.
- All swim instructors will be wearing face coverings.
- We have upgraded our pool’s UV disinfecting system to one that kills 99.99% of all bacteria and pathogens.
- Our virtual workouts have been a huge hit, and we’re excited to announce that these will continue, even once we reopen.
We are looking forward to seeing you back at the club!