5/21/21, 9:00am – Governor Inslee announced that our region is in Phase 3 of the “Roadmap to Recovery” reopening plan.
Here’s what this means for our Issaquah Fitness customers:
- Mask Policy Update: Fully vaccinated Issaquah Fitness members and staff who are comfortable sharing their COVID vaccination record are not required to wear a mask while in our facilities. This is completely optional. People who choose not to get vaccinated or don’t want to share their vaccination record can fully participate in our programs with a mask on, per the Governor’s guidelines.
- We are open for individual workouts, GX classes, individual personal training, group training sessions, swim lessons and lap swim.
- More Workout Time Slots Available – During Phase 3 we’ll be operating at 50% of the building’s capacity. This will enable us to open up more workout slots for members.
- Small Group Training Resumes – We will now be able to offer small group training. To book a session, contact our training staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-313-3131.
- Under the new guidance, members are limited to an hour workout session per day.
- Workout time slots, GX classes and personal training sessions can be booked in advance by logging in to your Empower M.E. account.
- Locker rooms and showers are now open.
- Spa, saunas and steam rooms remain closed.
- Childcare remains closed.
- New hours:
- Monday – Thursday · 5am-9pm
- Friday · 5am-8pm
- Saturday & Sunday · 7am-6pm
We’ve made a significant investment in upgrading our HVAC system so that it allows for fresh outside air to be exchanged throughout the building 9 times per hour. This is above the recommended level of air exchange for gyms and makes for a “nearly outdoor” experience! In addition, we’ve upgraded our air filtration system, purchased new cleaning equipment and have dedicated staff resources to disinfect high-touch areas and equipment frequently throughout the day. We’ve also installed a new pool/spa UV disinfecting and filtration system that kills 99.99% of all bacteria and pathogens.
Global studies conducted in areas that have fully reopened fitness have repeatedly shown that gyms are not a significant source of virus spread.
Our customers’ health and safety is our top priority.
We have put together a quick video starring our Fitness Manager John Mckinnon, outlining some of the changes you’ll see when you come to the club and the new safeguards we’ve put in place.
Workout Sign-Up Procedure:
- Before you come to the gym, you will go online to book a 60-minute workout time slot to ensure we are limiting the number of people in the club.
- To sign up for a workout time slot, log in to Empower M.E. on the Issaquah Fitness website. Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Note: if you have never logged in to your online account, log in for the first time using your Member ID # (on the back of your membership card) as both your username and password.
- Please contact us at email@example.com or (425)-313-3131 if you have any difficulties scheduling your workout time or logging in to your account.
Open for Lap Swim
- Prior to coming in, you must book a 60-minute time slot online:
- Log in to Empower M.E. on the Issaquah Fitness website and follow the instructions to book your slot. Learn how to sign up for a workout time slot.
- Note: If you have never logged in to your online account, log in for the first time using your Member ID # (on the back of your membership card) as both your username and password.
- Limit of 60 minutes per swimmer, per day.
- Lap swim hours can be found on the pool schedule.
- Come prepared to swim, as showers are closed until further notice and locker rooms are only available for bathroom use.
- Spa, hot tub, saunas and steam rooms are closed until further notice.
- Members can opt to pay drop-in fees only or monthly dues.
Booking Your Personal Training Sessions:
- $80-$90 for 60-minute training session (package discounts available)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you with our training staff to book your appointment.
Limited Swim Lessons Available
- Group Swim Lessons: Ducklings (3-6 yrs) through Sharks (7-13 yrs)
- Private lessons are available for all swimmers. Request your private swim time.
- Registration is open for pre-competitive lessons. Help prepare your child for swim team. We are offering some new class times. View the schedule.
Family Swim Available
- Please call 425-313-3131 or email email@example.com to book your slot.
- Members – $25 per family & Non-members – $45 per family
- Visit the pool schedule for times.
Reopening Protocols & Guidelines:
- Members need to bring their own workout towels in order to minimize risk.
- In addition, staff will be cleaning the equipment and facility with hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the day and thorough cleanings will be done each evening.
- During Phase 3, locker rooms will only be open for bathroom use.
- Locker room showers, sauna and steam rooms are closed until further notice.
- We will be doing daily wellness checks of our staff members.
- All swim instructors will be wearing face coverings.
- We have upgraded our pool’s UV disinfecting system to one that kills 99.99% of all bacteria and pathogens.
- Our virtual workouts have been a huge hit, and we’re excited to announce that these will continue, even once we reopen.
We are looking forward to seeing you back at the club!